Allandale, in the early days known as Mardon Lodge, was the country estate of the affluent General Donald McDonald Hogarth and his wife Margaret. Hogarth was widely known for his involvement in the mining of Ore at the Steep Rock Lake mine. The Hogarths purchased the property in the Township of Innisfil circa 1932 which included the property now know as the Kempenfelt Conference Center and most of Allandale Golf Course. The Hogarths commisioned Stanley Thompson to design a private golf course for them and their guests. It is believed that in 1932 6 holes were designed and constructed. In 1937 the Hogarths aquired an additional 2 parcels of land and the final 3 holes were completed, which is today's 9 holes.
Over the years there has been much interest in the history of the course, which has been visited by many Thompson enthusiasts. A number of these knowledable experts believe that Allandale is one of the most intact pieces of Stanley Thompson architecture in the province.
"Allandale is all there, still intact, like stepping back into 1927"
From Ian Andrews "Caddyshack" A Blog About Golf Course Architecture
Mom's are FREE
on Mother's Day!